Evernote to Google Tasks Integration - Setup and Use
Quickly set up Google Tasks to receive tasks from Evernote and keep them in sync.
Setup Steps Overview
TaskClone enhances productivity by automatically transferring action items from your notes to your task app or calendar via "Connections". This article provides an overview with links to detailed guides for each step of Initial Setup.
Summarizes how TaskClone works and introduces the questions Initial Setup answers
- What is your source app for action items?
- What type of action items to transfer?
- Where in the source app should we search for these action items?
- What is your destination app for action items?
- Where in the destination app should we insert the action items?
Answers questions 1 - 3
- Select source app. Pick Evernote
- Authorize access. Authorize TaskClone to extract Evernote action items and update their status
- Select action item type. Select to-dos, note titles or Reminders as the action item for this connection to process
- Select identification method. Select whether we will identify action items by searching in specific notebooks, by tag, or whether you’ll specifically designate which individual action items to process
- Select note search criteria. If the identification method is search criteria, select the notebook and tag filters to apply.
Answers questions 4-5
- Select destination app. Pick Google Tasks
- Authorize access. Authorize TaskClone to create Google Tasks and update their status
- Select destination details. Select the location in Google Tasks where tasks will go (e.g. Inbox)
Basic usage is incredibly simple, but depends on whether you selected to-dos or note titles as the action item for this connection.
Copy note titles to Google Tasks. Simply add a title to your note and this title will be copied to the location in Google Tasks you specified.
TaskClone is notified of changes to your account and immediately processes to-dos or note titles based on the criteria set for the Connection in Step 2 above. In case of notification failure, TaskClone also proactively checks your account for updates on a regular basis.
By default, TaskClone adds two additional benefits by:
- Updating the completion status of tasks in both directions
- Adding a link in the task to both the Evernote app and Evernote web so you can easily move from the task to the note for reference.
Among the many settings in Sync Details, you can modify how completion status is synced and which note links are provided.
📌 Note. To minimize the risk of processing your note while you are still typing your action items, TaskClone attempts to delay processing until we detect you have ended your editing session. This may result in action items not being processed for some time after initially entered.
TaskClone offers advanced features, some needing pre-configuration and others usable directly within your notes. See below for the most popular and our full Feature List for even more ways to enhance your Evernote to Google Tasks Integration.
- Two-way status sync. Simply mark an item complete in Evernote or Google Tasks and it is marked complete in the other app.
- Add due dates and more. Using our special syntax, add due dates to your Google Tasks based on what you type in Evernote.
- Skip tasks. Using our special syntax, you can indicate which tasks you want to skip
- Specify an alternative destination. Once you’ve set up two or more destinations, you can use our special syntax to send an individual action item to a different destination than the other action items in the note. You can also set up a connection to only process individual action items you specifically designate using our special syntax.