OneNote to Monday Integration - Setup and Use
Quickly set up Monday to receive tasks from OneNote.
Setup Steps Overview
TaskClone enhances productivity by automatically transferring action items from your notes to your task app or calendar via "Connections". This article provides an overview with links to detailed guides for each step of Initial Setup.
Summarizes how TaskClone works and introduces the questions Initial Setup answers
- What is your source app for action items?
- What type of action items to transfer?
- Where in the source app should we search for these action items?
- What is your destination app for action items?
- Where in the destination app should we insert the action items?
Answers questions 1 - 3
- Select source app. Pick OneNote
- Authorize access. Authorize TaskClone to extract OneNote action items and update their status
- Select action item type. Select to-dos or note titles as the action item for this connection to process
- Select identification method. Select whether we will identify tasks by searching in specific notebooks or sections, or whether you’ll specifically designate which individual action items to process
- Select note search criteria. If the identification method is search criteria, select the notebook and section filters to apply.
Answers questions 4-5
- Select destination app. Pick Monday
- Enter Destination Email. Monday receives tasks via email that it then converts to tasks. If you don’t know the special email address Monday uses, our instructions help you find it.
Basic usage is incredibly simple, but depends on whether you selected to-dos or note titles as the action item for this connection.
Copy to-dos to Monday. Simply start a line with the to-do tag (i.e. checkbox) and the text after the to-do tag will be copied to the location in Monday you specified.
Copy note titles to Monday. Simply add a title to your note and this title will be copied to the location in Monday you specified.
TaskClone is notified of changes to your account and immediately processes to-dos or note titles based on the criteria set for the Connection in Step 2 above. In case of notification failure, TaskClone also proactively checks your account for updates on a regular basis.
By default, TaskClone adds a link in the task to both the OneNote app and OneNote web so you can easily move from the task to the note for reference. Among the many settings in Sync Details, you can modify which note links are provided.
📌 Note. To minimize the risk of processing your note while you are still typing your action items, TaskClone attempts to delay processing until we detect you have ended your editing session. This may result in action items not being processed for some time after initially entered.
TaskClone offers advanced features, some needing pre-configuration and others usable directly within your notes. See below for the most popular and our full Feature List for even more ways to enhance your OneNote to Monday Integration.
- Skip tasks. Using our special syntax, you can indicate which tasks you want to skip
- Add default parameters. Edit your connection to add default text, notebook and section titles to each task for a connection.
- Specify an alternative destination. Once you’ve set up two or more destinations, you can use our special syntax to send an individual action item to a different destination than the other action items in the note. You can also set up a connection to only process individual action items you specifically designate using our special syntax.