How TaskClone Works
TaskClone helps you stay on top of action items by easily getting them OUT OF your notes and IN TO a more powerful task app or calendar. We call this process "cloning" as the original action item remains in your notes (OneNote and Evernote supported).
How it works
TaskClone extracts the following tasks from notes:
- Individual to-dos indicated by a checkbox in notes tagged with a "trigger" tag (e.g. "taskclone")
- Notes tagged "noteclone"
- Notes added to a notebook you name "TaskClone" (Evernote only)
TaskClone sends these tasks via email:
- The email subject is the to-do or note title
- The email body is a link back to the original note
Your task app then converts these emails to tasks
Note: TaskClone supports 40+ task apps, mostly via email. If your app can receive tasks via email, TaskClone should work. Some apps have a direct connection and for others, workarounds are necessary. Please first try to find your app in our list of Supported Task Apps for more details, including special features available with many apps.
Note: Because TaskClone sends tasks via email, we can do many interesting tricks:
TaskClone extracts the events from Evernote and OneNote notes:
- Events written in natural language preceded by a checkbox, "sch: "
TaskClone directly creates events in Google Calendar and others.