How TaskClone Works
TaskClone helps you stay on top of action items by easily getting them OUT OF your digital notes and IN TO a more powerful task app or calendar. We call this process "cloning" as the original action item remains in your notes (OneNote and Evernote supported).
If you want to accomplish the same thing with your paper notes, whiteboards or sticky notes, try our newest service - TaskCam.
How it works
1. TaskClone extracts the following tasks from notes:
- Individual to-dos indicated by a checkbox in notes tagged with a "trigger" tag (e.g. "taskclone")
- Notes tagged "noteclone"
- Notes added to a notebook you name "TaskClone" (Evernote only)
2. TaskClone sends these tasks. primarily via email:
- The email subject is the to-do or note title
- The email body is a link back to the original note
3. Your task app then converts these emails to tasks
Note: TaskClone supports 40+ task apps, mostly via email. If your app can receive tasks via email, TaskClone should work. Some apps have a direct connection and for others, workarounds are necessary.
Note: Because TaskClone sends tasks via email, we can do many interesting tricks:
- Send a copy of tasks to your personal or other email
- Send tasks to your Evernote email address to create a note from each individual task
- Using other services like Zapier to connect with dozens of other apps.
1. TaskClone extracts the events from Evernote and OneNote notes:
- Events written in natural language preceded by a checkbox and "sch: "
2. TaskClone directly creates events in Google Calendar and others.