Connect Google Calendar and others
Connect your calendar to easily send events without ever leaving your note-taking app.
Note: You can always connect your calendar, but after the free trial, creating events is available only on Professional and above plans.
In this article
Connect your Google Account
- Add New Destination. In the "Destinations" section of dashboard, click "+ADD" button.
- Authorize TaskClone. Type in the search box until Google Calendar appears, then select it. A new window should appear to login and Allow TaskClone to access your Google Calendar. Click Allow.
- Be sure you are logged in to the correct Google account.
Click "Next". After Google window closes, click the Next button.
Select Specific Calendar. You must choose which of the available Google Calendars you want TaskClone to send to. Depending on your plan and Google Account you may only have access to the default calendar represented by your Google email address.
- [Optional] Evernote Reminders. Evernote users have the option to have TaskClone create events in Google Calendar from Evernote Reminders. The default is "Yes".
Finish. Click the Finish button and you will be returned to the list of destinations with Calendar listed. You can initiate creating events with any trigger tag in your account.
Using Outlook, Apple and other calendars
For now, we only directly connect with Google Calendar. The primary reason is Google has the only calendar API that converts natural language into calendar events (e.g. Call Bob on Tuesday at 1pm). However, there are many free resources to sync Google Calendar with other calendars.
- Apple Calendar. Google's instructions
- Outlook Calendar. How-to article | Free calendar sync software
- iOS Reminders. Free IFTTT Recipe.
- Fantastical. Syncs with Google Calendar
Creating events once connected
Please see one of the following:
- Create events from Evernote tasks
- Create events from Evernote Reminders
- Create events from OneNote tasks